Beeyard

Beeyard

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Goodies




My idea of Christmas goodies aren't of the confectionary kind. Sure, I love decorated gingerbread men and spiked apple cider as much as the next gal, but my favorite kind of goodies for Christmas are typically made out of wood or fabric and most of the time have the aged patina that brings about feelings of Christmases long long ago.

Six o'clock last evening brought the end of the bidding wars on some gotta-have-ems at the online auction and today I got to go pick up my winnings, which to me feels like Christmas mornings running down the stairs to scope out my loot. Mark scoffs at the way I refer to my auction hauls as "winnings" considering I do pay for them. I've got to face the fact that he just hasn't been bitten by the auction cootie bug. Not yet. It'll happen though, mark my words.

Today I scored a black cast iron horse, two beaded purses, two vintage coloring books, a framed wall mirror that is super heavy, and some old sheet music, but my three biggest goodies were a pine corner cupboard, a red and green table, and the piez de resistance - a red and white antique rolling tool chest!

Ta da! Isn't it just too much? And the inside is darling with its penciled notes from a friend dated 1953. If tool chests could talk, what would this one say?

I haven't forgotten about my promise of a post or two dedicated strictly to auctions.I am headed to one tomorrow and I will try to remember to take some pics. In my clamor for more goodies I often forget to document my journey.

Signing off for now - may visions of vintage teakettles dance in your head.

Bella fortuna!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment